Wednesday, March 04, 2009

 

My Newness

I haven't posted in a while. But I thought a current update was in order... because so far 2009 is going really well. Which is a departure from 2008 and 2007, truthfully. At least for job stuff.





2008 was pivotal, though, for a number of reasons not the least of which was spending time having my western world rocked in Cambodia over the summer. I will never be the same after that transformative experience. Still can't put it all into words. Maybe in a book someday...





But 2009 is going well.

I have a NEW apartment. In February I moved into a fun apartment. I live alone for the first time in years which is GREAT (particularly considering I spent the last year living in a variety of spaces that gave me very little privacy or personal space at all). I live in the urban sprawl of El Segundo. I see and hear planes land. I have fun neighbors. I love it.

I have a NEW job. I also started my new job in February. I work as an Associate Pastor for Youth and Families at a church in Manhattan Beach, CA. I LOVE IT. I mean I am still easing into it. Coming to a new job and community where EVERYTHING is new is always a bit of a struggle. I am observing. I am hanging out. I am trying to figure out how to "lead" in this position. In some ways I am starting from scratch, which is a bit overwhelming. But God will show me, I have no doubt. And it will be shown to me in unexpected ways. And it will make me gloriously uncomforable, I am sure!!






Here is a picture of only some of the youth I work with at the Annual Dinner last night:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]