Saturday, July 12, 2008

 

Return of Mortal Remains?

As you have probably guessed... I am going to Cambodia/Thailand this summer. I can't wait! I think it is going to be the trip of a lifetime... and I am really excited... But taking this trip has forced me to learn about strangs things like "percentage levels of Deet" and "Deet v. Picardin" and "bug-repellent/UV filtering clothes (good through 70 washes)" and "quick drying towels with antimicrobial fabric" who knew this stuff existed? I didn't. Amazing... And there is, as you can imagine, much preparation when someone visits Asia. Immunizations to get. Things to buy. Travel plans to make. Amidst all this I have bought travel insurance. I was told to, so I did. And do you know what I was confronted with: my own mortality. Yep... right there on my coverage is a place that lists all of the things I am covered for in my overseas insurance... and one of them is: RETURN OF MORTAL REMAINS. I mean I am glad that if I die there, my body will be transported home. I guess it is better than a clause that reads "return of immortal remains"... that would be even strangers! It was just a weird thing to have to think about this week. My mortality. Just. Weird.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]