Tuesday, July 15, 2008

 

Post Cambodia ESL Trip Update

We (Krista, Kristen and I) are going to be travelling around Thailand after our ESL teaching time.

1. We will visit a ministry called Bridges To The Nations (their website link is on my blog). We will be a part of the Pattaya Project (you can see pictures on their website!). This project centers around giving women jobs outside of the sex-trade industry that is so prevalant in this beach/vacation hot spot south of Bangkok. We will be attending their True Friend Fellowship Worship Service on Sunday and get to meet many of the women whose lives have been forever changed by this ministry.

2. And we will also be explore Bangkok (of course!)... spend a day seeing the various wats and the Grand Palace...

3. We will then head up to the north and visit Chiang Mai (culture heart of Thailand)... where we will get to be tourists... and take in the beauty and culture of this amazing area.

4. Then we will take a 6 hour bus ride to visit our friend who is working with orphans and refugee children (Journey of Wonder blog link on my blog). I am all set with packs of crayons, stickers and colored paper. We will get to spend time hanging out with these really amazing kids.

Check out what we will be doing! I am so excited. I hope to keep you all updated as the time goes on... I can't believe I leave in one day!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]