Wednesday, July 09, 2008

 

Cambodia 2008 Summer ESL Teaching Trip

I am going to spend several weeks in Asia this summer. I am really excited! Thanks to everyone who supported me either with prayers or finances or BOTH! THANKS!


Details:

Our team leaves on July 17. We arrive in Bangkok after a looong flight, spend the night, and then take a little plane over to Phnom Phen, Cambodia. Where our team will be trained and given our assignments & locations.

On Monday, July 21 we begin teaching in our teams. We won't know exactly what that looks like until we arrive. We may teach early in the morning (please, God, let there be coffee!) and/or teach later in the evening. Our students will be adults, many of whom have jobs during the day, some work for World Relief (the organization we are going with).

During our weekends off we will travel to see the "Killing Fields" and Siem Reap. I cannot wait to travel the country, although I am pretty sure I won't be eating a friend tarantula when we stop in "Spider Town" - eek!

August 1 we will finish and be a part of this groups special graduation. How lucky we are!

August 2 - a few of us will travel back to Bangkok for a few days and then travel around Thailand going up to the northern part of the country to visit a friend who is working with Myanmar refugees near the Thailand border to Myanmar (Burma).


Pray for:

Safety - this week I received my shots (Hep A & Tetnus) and my vaccination pills for Typhoid and Malaria. But pray that we will be safe both from things that could happen (accidents, etc) as well as from those dreaded mosquitos.

Purpose - as many of you know I have been struggling to find a full-time job after Fuller and it has been tough financially, mentally & spiritually. I am grateful for this trip and I am hoping God will use this time to reestablish a vision for my future. Pray that I will be open to hearing from God.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]