Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Comments to my group copied onto my blog

Justin:
Creative use of Fitzgerald. Yes, I agree we have become people about the quick money and pleasure as seen in the Great Gatsby. I also liked the article that told me a bit about the injustice in Iraq which startled me to see how much hasn't improved since we have "liberated" them. It still so much seems about power and oil this whole war/ American imperialism. The new urbanism stuff you found is especially helpful. I started with some of the founding thoughts on it and you took it more from a grass-roots who is doing now and why approach which I liked.
Michael
Thanks for pointing out which articles/books would help whichever one of us in the group's personal interest/niche. You cited some good racism stuff, especially the two articles from GlobalExchange. I also liked that you cited articles that pointed out the greater and greater disparity between the poor and rich. I think that should be a focus for us. Maybe even for media to see what consumer products focus on which demographics.

Those are my comments for now...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]